Woman Food seller electrocuted to death in Lagos

A 58-year-old food vendor, identifed as  Florence Imoh has been electrocuted while trying to open her shop at the Ikotun area in Lagos state.

According to reports, Madam Florence was found lying dead in front of her shop located at Number 12, Shosanya Street, Ijegun road in Ikotun at about 6.30am on Monday, June 10th.

The neighbors revealed that the deceased died after a naked wire had fallen on the metal protector mounted in front of her shop.

According to a neighbour of the deceased identifed as Sodiq Bello, “We have searched for the cause of the death, and we noticed that a naked wire was resting on the metallic sides of the roof, which had transmitted to other metallic objects in the shop.

Read Also:  Man beats up his wife's grandmother after she failed to stop his child from crying

The building has an electrical defect. She was trying to come out from the shop when the incident happened. Mama Chikodi works and sleeps in the shop. She assists her younger sister in cooking and selling of food early morning”.

Meanwhile the remains of Madame Imoh who is from Cross Rivers state, has been deposited at the Isolo General Hospital mortuary.

Source: Linda Ikeji

loading...

Check Also

Finally!!! UK Parliament Approves Brexit Deal

The United Kingdom parliament Thursday  finally approved Brexit, allowing it to become the first country …