Turkey temporarily Suspends Military Operation In Syria

Intro

The Turkish government  has agreed to suspend its Syria offensive for five days and will end the assault if Kurdish-led forces withdraw from a safe zone away from the border, US Vice President Mike Pence and Turkish officials said on Thursday.

Turkey and Syrian rebel proxies began an offensive in northern Syria last week against Kurdish fighters who Ankara brands terrorists, despite international concern over regional stability and civilian deaths.

Turkey’s operation “will be halted entirely on completion” of the pullout, Pence told reporters after talks with Turkish officials in Ankara.

Pence said the US would work with the Kurdish fighters “to facilitate an orderly withdrawal in the next 120 hours.”

loading...

Check Also

Isreali Strike Kill 11 people in Syria

The Israeli army carried out a “wide-scale” attack against Iranian forces and Syrian army targets …