The latest casualty recorded in Syria is the death of 18 civilians on Monday as the Syria regime continue to bombard the Idlib province.
Six children were part of those killed on Monday in air strikes and missile attacks on Idlib province, said Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
Ten of them, including four children, died in the town of Ariha, he told AFP, adding that at least 47 people were wounded across the province.
The deaths come a day after regime air strikes killed 12 civilians in the same province, according to the Britain-based Observatory.
An AFP correspondent in Ariha said White Helmet first responders were seen searching for survivors in the rubble of a building hit in Monday’s bombardment.
A resident identified as Mohamad said, “It was indescribable. Wounded women and children lying on the ground, destruction everywhere, shops damaged.”
The first responders were lifted to an upper floor of the badly damaged building in the bucket of an excavator machine in an attempt to rescue a child who had been buried under blocks of concrete.
The Observatory says more than 250 civilians have been killed in the spike in violence since the end of April.