Sharks are the most majestic creatures in the ocean, they are over 500 species of sharks
Here are 10 more amazing facts about this creatures.
1. Sharks have been living in earth’s oceans for 450 million years.
2. Sharks live in every ocean on the planet.
3. Their eyes are on the sides of their head. This makes it possible for them to see in front as well as behind them. However, they have to blind spots: one in front of their snout and one directly behind their head.
4. Most species of sharks do not sleep because they need to constantly ensure water is flowing through their mouth over their gills to breathe or they will die.
5. Sharks have super-sensitive ears. They can hear prey up to 3000 feet away. Interestingly, their ears are located inside their heads.
6. Sharks lose their teeth often and grow up to 30,000 teeth in their lifetime.
7. Sharks have skins that feel like sandpaper. They have the thickest skin of an animal specie and some sharks have skins that are up to six inches thick.
8. The world’s smallest shark, the pygmy shark, is just six inches long when fully grown.
9. Sharks have the largest brain of any fish.
10. Sharks use body language as their means of communication. Some of their unique forms of communication include zigzag swimming, head shaking, hunched backs, and head butts.
Source: Reterdeen News